Series meets Wednesday (weekly) from 7:00 AM MT- 8:00 AM MT
This series offers clinically relevant topics for primary care providers who provide or are looking to build, expand, and improve care to preteens through young adults. Once completed, participants will be able to evaluate and manage common conditions in adolescent reproductive health. Over the course of six sessions, the series will include an overview of adolescent reproductive health issues, best practices in adolescent contraception and common adolescent gynecology concerns.
Pre- and Post-Test: This series will include a pre- and post-test that will be used to understand its effectiveness. Participants should complete the pre-test by the first session (October 2). The tests will be sent by ECHO Colorado's Evaluation team and will take less than five minutes to complete.
Optional In-person Training: Participants in this series will have the opportunity to request an in-person training, at no cost, on IUD (and other long acting reversible contraceptive methods) insertion and removal procedures, and contraceptive counseling.
CME: This ECHO Colorado series, with the first of 6 sessions beginning on October 2nd 2019, will be reviewed and acceptable for up to 6.0 credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity (1.0 credit per session).
Series-level Learning Objectives:
1) Identify one aspect of their practice that can be changed to improve an adolescent patient’s access to confidential care.
2) Apply their knowledge of long-acting reversible contraception (mechanisms of action, benefits, side effects) in the context of patient-centered contraceptive counseling.
3) Apply the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria (USMEC) to determine if a contraceptive method is safe for a patient to use given her medical conditions.
4) Determine if a patient’s menstrual history represents a normal, or abnormal, menstrual bleeding pattern.
5) Recommend four or more contraceptive methods that can be prescribed for non-contraceptive indications.
|1 - Welcome and Adolescent Interview||10/2/2019|
|2 - STD's In Teens and Patient-centered Contraceptive Counseling||10/9/2019|
|3 - Long-acting Reversible Contraception||10/16/2019|
|4 - Combined Hormonal Contraception, Depo-Provera, Other Methods & USMEC||10/23/2019|
|5 - Common Adolescent Gynecology Concerns PT 1||10/30/2019|
|6 - Common Adolescent Gynecology Concerns Part 2||11/6/2019|